Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 5

http://www.prometheanworld.com/en-us/education/products/interactive-displays/activboard-300-pro

The Promethean AvtivBoard seems just like the smart board that we were using in class. At least all the information that I could find on it made it seem that way. This board can be used to create lessons, as a white board (you can write things on it), as a projector, and many other things. What I really like about smart boards in general is how easy it is to use them. Maybe I feel that they are easy to use because I've grown up in the "digital age" and I'm just completely used to technology. However, I've never seen technology as a friend. We've always been at odds with each other. I've never been good at anything technological, so the fact that I find smart boards easy to use probably means that they were made so that technologically challenged people could use them too.

My only question is, how can somebody get more educated about smart boards? Do schools offer special training programs for new teachers? I'm only asking because there are so many things that the smart board offers, it would be nice to learn how to use all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment