Oh the shame!
Today my aunt came over with her seven year old son, Jacob. He wanted to watch a T.V. show off of the internet, so I turned it on for him on my laptop. He looked at me like I was crazy and simply asked,
"Why don't you hook it up to the T.V. This screen is too small"
I told him that I didn't know how to do that. So, at this point, mt seven year old nephew gets up, finds the necessary wires, and hooks up the laptop to the T.V. A seven year old was able to do this! I asked his mom if he ever hooked anything like that up before, and she said that he had no, but he watched his father do it once before. I thought that this was remarkable. It's true that young minds are different than ours. I probably would never be able to figure out how to connect the two devices, but my nehew was able to do it at the age of seven from observing his father do it once before. Things are definitely changing at an amazing rate.
No comments:
Post a Comment