I use Word for every single essay that I am required to write for any class. I've never used any other type of word processor for this.
I use Powerpoint if I have to give a presentation to the entire class with visual aids. I know that there are more and probably better things to use for this, but I know exactly how to use Powerpoint, and I don't have to worry about messing anything up.
I don't Excel as much as I use the other two, but sometimes an opportunity comes up when I need to make a graph or a chart of some sort. I've learned that Excel is the fastest and most effective way to do this. However, sometimes I still struggle with how to make things work on Excel sometimes.
I would probably have my students learn these different tools by doing similar things to what I use them for. I'm an English teacher, ao assigning an essay for the students to write on Word, or having the students present a 3-5 minute explanation of who they are at the beginning of the year using Powerpoint would also be helpful. I could also do an assignment in which the students have to create posters using Word to do the writing or PowerPoint to find pictures on clipart. These are all just rough ideas, but they could be helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment