Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reflection 9

I was watching "I Robot" yesterday, and realized that we are not too far from that movie becoming reality. The plot is that robots exist as pretty much human servants. Throughout the movie the robots start killing humans off in the attempt to save them from themselves because humans are slowly killing each other off anyways.

What I mean is not that we will soon have a robot invasion that tries to destroy human life, but I honestly could see robots existing, and being tools for us to use to make our lives easier. I might sound crazy, but I don't see it as too far of a stretch to have robots working in factory jobs, or fast food restaurants. I see this as a really possibility in the next couple of decades.

I don't know how useful this post is, but I was just reflecting on how far we've come, and how far we have the potential to go with technology. It's a bit sobering at times, but also very exciting. Our children will have access to things that our minds can't even think up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment