Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 12

The first question I would like to ask is why more teachers are not using the amazing technology that this school offers to enhance their lessons. I haven't had a single teacher use the smart board as anything more than a projector. I've also had very many teachers not use Panopto to record classes. I would like to ask why? I, as a student, am paying quite a lot of money to go to this school, but the technology that part of my tuition pays for is not being used effectively.

The second question I would ask is seeing as these teachers are very well educated in their feilds, most with doctorates, I would ask just for what they think the most important aspect of teaching is. I know this sounds like a genaric question, but I really am curious about what they would say. Their answers can help me form my own ideas about this, and really help me become a better teacher.

A third question that I would ask doesn't really have much to do with teaching, but more with their education. I would ask them how long it took them to get the degrees that they have so that i could gage whether or not I could advance as far as they have.

1 comment:

  1. Yuliya,

    I would also like to ask your first question. Why don't professors at NU utilize more of the given technology that we have. I wonder why so many professors don't use Panopto as much as they could. I would also like to know why they lecture as much as they do behind a podium and not with up-to-date technology.

    Thanks for sharing:)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete