Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Reflection 10

I was just wondering if younger teachers are more preferable to older teachers because younger ones would probably use technology better. I'm just curious of how serious Principals and different School Districts are to having their teachers use technology effectively. Because if they were very serious, then getting a job wouldn't be so difficult since I've grown up with technology and can use it semi-effectively. However, if this is still something that schools and principals stuggle with, then landing a job might be more difficult because although older teachers can't use technology as effectively, they do have more experience.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting idea. How much does our proficiency with technology affect our job possibilities? Do schools refuse to hire those they don't believe can learn technology?

    I'm wondering if it really is that important in the hiring process. It seems that there are many teachers who are totally incompetent with technology. I wonder if that non-tech teacher norm is beginning to change...

    ReplyDelete