If technology keeps advancing at the rate that it now does, will the younger generation soon be considered immigrants to the new technology while our children are the natives.
I know that this is a really weird question to ask and probably confusing question, but it's something that I am curious about. Right now the older generation is seen as immigrants because they cannot seem to grasp technology in the way that it is meant to be used. However, in the next thirty years there are bound to be such advances in the field that even us natives will be confused about what to do with it.
I mean we understand the technology of an ipod, iphone, xbox, PS3, and so forth... but what if scientists come up with holographic imaging technology, or something that simply gets installed into our brains and lets us view television inside our minds. I don't know, these are just random ideas. But even so, we would not know how to deal with this kind of technology. It would be completely new to us. Just like our parents try to grasp our technology, could it be possible that we will soon be trying (and mostly failing) to grasp the next generations technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment