1) It requires students to post a journal entry on a blog discussing what they would like to do with their mask.
2) It then requires them to draw out what their idea is so on a paper template.
3) After this the arts and crafts can begin. the students will create a mask out of plaster. They will have their choice of color and symbols to represent them placed upon the mask.
4) After their mask is complete they will need to create a presentation using some form of technology to talk about themselves and why they chose to make their mask the way that they did.
The NETS that this touches are as follows...
For students:
1. Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- The students have their choice of technology to use, therefore it helps with the creative process, and they can think creatively about it.
- the students will be using their technology projects to communicate about who they are to the class.
- The students will be creating projects using technology of their choice, so they will likely be proficient at using that piece of technology.
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity: Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- I will encourage students to use creativity in their project. I will help with any questions that they may have, and I will facilitate a healthy environment to be creative in.
- I have already created a project of my own that sets the standard of what I want the students to do. I've modeled what is expected, and they now have something to go by.
Blog Post: This is the blog post that will be required as a brain storm to what the students are planning.
Template: This is where the students will draw the mask before making it.
Rubric: This is the standards that will be expected, and how the students will be graded based on those standards.
Final Project: This is the final project that I made on Prezi for my mask as an example for the students.
No comments:
Post a Comment