Wednesday, May 8, 2013

End of Semester Reflection

This class has taught me quite a lot about different ways to use technology. I have never considered myself a technology expert. I've always struggled with it. However, with all the technological things we were doing in class, I feel a lot more confident now. The biggest thing I've learned is how to figure things out with technology. The final tech project was fairly difficult for me because I had chosen to use movie maker and had never before attempted anything on it. I literally had to just sit there and play with it until I figured out how to use it. I think that this new skill will help me with future technological things that I may come across. The skill of simply sitting down and trying to figure out how to use something instead of freaking out because I don't know how. This new epiphany is what I value most from this class.

I've also picked up on a lot of different teaching strategies from this class. For example, I more than likely will require my students to do blog posts for homework or as journal entries. Blogs are not difficult to manage, and they allow the students a technological outlet. I also really enjoy Storybird. If I can figure out a way to involve Storybird into my lessons, I definitely will.

I've learned what the state expects of me with regards to teaching technology. Before this class I didn't even know there were tech standards in place. This class has certainly prepared me to help my students reach their technology standards, and to reach my own.

This class has been semi difficult for me because I am so technologically challenged, but without the learning that I got from this class, I would be terrified to go teach middle school children using technology when they know so much more about it than I ever will. However, because of this class, I at least feel competent with technology, and that's a lot farther along than I was in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment